Sign up for my short, fun tips and photos about some of my favorite hiking topics. (I promise upon pain of death not to share your information with anyone). You will receive a confirmation email and a link to enable you to obtain a free download of the out-of-print, 2001 "congressional route" guide to the Pacific Northwest National Scenic Trail.
- Founder of the Pacific Northwest National Scenic Trail (PNT), the Sea-to-Sea Route, and Scenic Trails Research
- Pathfinder: Blazing a New Wilderness Trail in Modern America
- Meet the author at the Barnswallow Bookshop in Rockport Maine.
Pacific Northwest Trail
- Length: 1,200 mi.
- Location: Glacier National Park, MT to Cape Alava, WA
- Connects: Continental Divide to Pacific Ocean
- History: Founded by Ron Strickland in 1970. Congressionally designated a National Scenic Trail in 2009.